Tuesday, June 10

Missy On The Cover Of Billboard Mag



The big question for me is do people still care about Missy Elliott? Her track 'Ching Ching' from the 'Step Up 2 the Streets' soundtrack had very little heat, think about the times when Missy dominated club land with Classics like 'She's A Bitch', 'Work it' & 'Pass That Dutch' just to name a few. I wonder if she re-build that hype she once had? I hope so, Missy has been one of the most creative artists over the past 10 years. Her seventh studio album 'Block Party' is due for release this August.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a word NO.

She was good for about five minutes in 1999.

I f I never have to listen to one of her overdone timbo-produced tracks ever again i wont be sad!

DJ G Child said...

Haha fair enough...

Anonymous said...

Missy came out with a whole new sound that she made her own and yeah, recently she hasn't been bringing her A game, but I have faith, and am looking forward to hearing her new album - we can't all be awesome, all of the time!!

Anonymous said...

hmmm I dont know about that mimi, fair enough her sound now is different from the days of "shes a bitch" but there is a certain monotamous sounds that comes from each and every missy track, you know that "yo yo yo im whats happnen" kind of sound. I personally think she peaked with her feature on Memphis Bleeks/Jays "Is that yo chick". I liked her on that but no much else since then.