Saturday, January 12

Will.I.Am To Re-release Songs About Girls?



“We went with the wrong single and it sold nothing,”
“We would’ve been in better shape if we had pulled the album, because to relaunch it is harder.”

These are quotes from an insider at Interscope records.

To date the album has sold less than 50,000 copies since September and instead of cutting their losses and moving on, Interscope are set to add 3-4 more tracks to the album and re-release it with a harder hitting single than the forgettable "Got It From My Mama".

I gotta be honest, I have the first 2 albums released on BBE and loved them but never gave any time to this album so I can't really say whether I think it's worthy of a re-release or not. Reviews of the album wern't terrible though, if he can add 3 release-worthy tracks to the album then I'm sure the album can shift more than 50,000 copies in the first month! Just look how many units he shifted with the Black Eyed Peas!

The re-release date is believed to be early 2008

Currently listening to: Will.I.Am feat Terry Dexter - "Lay Me Down"

Written by Jonny G

No comments: